SHAKA M. JOHNSON, ESQ.
Shaka M. Johnson is the lead attorney of Shaka Johnson, Esquire -- a private Philadelphia law firm providing legal services and specializing in criminal cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Criminal defense attorney Shaka M. Johnson is a former police officer and narcotics investigator.
Prior to getting his law degree, Mr. Johnson honed his legal skills while working in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office. Attorney Shaka M. Johnson is the only recognized defense attorney in the Philadelphia area certified as a narcotics expert by the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. Shaka M. Johnson’s law practice also includes a sub-specialty for crimes involving forensic analysis. Having received his Masters Degree in Forensic Medicine from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mr. Johnson gained his experience in the field working in the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office assisting in the performance of autopsies. Prior to obtaining his Juris Doctorate from Rutgers Camden School of Law, Shaka M. Johnson was a police officer. In addition to his private practice, Mr. Johnson teaches criminal investigations - based classes at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
Highlights of Shaka M. Johnson’s Experience:
- Former Assistant District Attorney for the City of Philadelphia
- 10 years of Law Enforcement experience:
- 7 years as a Police Officer
- 4 years as a Narcotics Detective specializing in surveillance and under cover operations
- The only member of both the S.W.A.T. team and Narcotics Division simultaneously
- Recognized as "Expert Witness" for narcotics related cases
- Master of Science in Forensic Medicine degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Experienced Death Investigator
- Certified Crime Scene Investigator (Police Trained)